Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
SPAN is excited to announce that effective January 1, 2018, 100% of the company’s stock has been sold to its employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This transaction gives all eligible employees a financial interest in the success of the business, uniting them all as co-owners!
King Husein (CEO) made the grand announcement companywide on July 10, 2018 – 6 months after celebrating the company’s 38th year anniversary. King’s vision has always been that the company will continue to live up to its legacy and core values that have been entrenched in the company since its inception in 1980. As opposed to selling the company, the ESOP is an excellent way to assure:
- Continuation of the culture, values, leadership, and company operations that have made SPAN the leader in the steel building industry
- Retention and the reward of valued long-term employees
- Long term company success and profitability; in the hands of hardworking employees
- Continually enhanced product offered to Clients in the future
“Selling the company really felt like I would have been pulling the rug out from underneath everyone,” King stated while reflecting on his decision process. The final decision of transitioning to an ESOP offers an exciting alternative that really stands to benefit and empower employees who continue to invest in the company – because they are now investing directly into their future.
The First Step
If you are a lot like us, we want to hear from you!
Thank you for your interest in SPAN. As we continue to grow, we regularly re-evaluate our staffing needs. We are always interested in reviewing resumes of strong potential candidates. We periodically have opening for: building erectors, site superintendents, business development, and administrative assistants. In addition to the following positions, please visit us on LinkedIn for more information/opportunities.
Metal Building Assembler / Ironworker
- The desire/capability to travel for months at a time around the United States
- OSHA 10 certification
- 6 months of construction industry experience
- Proficient/certification in operating a forklift, scissor lift, and boom lift
- Experience working with power tools
- Ability to use a tape measure for making accurate cuts
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- High level of physical fitness and stamina
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A growth mindset that is focused on providing total quality and extraordinary service to our clients and our team
- Ability to establish and maintain productive and positive relationships throughout a project (customers, design team, subcontractors, and suppliers) that focus on SPAN’s core values and meets/exceeds customer’s expectations
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle the multitude of issues that arise daily on a construction project
- ESOP – 100% Employee Owned
- Per diem paid while working away from home
- Mileage pay for qualified drivers
- Medical benefits and 401(k)
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Enjoy working in an exciting, challenging, and fast-paced work environment
If you’re interested in our industry and want to have a fulfilling career with opportunities for professional and personal growth, we want to hear from you.